Reiki is an ancient Japanese healing technique that has been used for thousands of years. It is also commonly known as an energy healing.
In Japanese the term; “Rei” means something sacred, divine, boundless, God's essence, universal and “Ki” meaning vitality, breath, life force, energy. So, the term Reiki literally means universal energy.
Reiki is a universal spiritual healing which means it does not follow any religion or belief system. It does not matter if you are Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Buddhist etc. Reiki is currently practiced all over the world in many different cultures. It is a gift and a birth right.
Reiki helps promote healing and balance on a physical, emotional, mental and spiritual level. It does not cure disease or illness but it can help alleviate symptoms.
Some Benefits of Reiki Are:
- Deep relaxation
- Releases stress and tension
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Alleviates mood swings, fear, frustration and anger
- Aids in the grieving process
- Enhances learning, memory, mental clarity and focus
- Increases energy levels
- Removes energy blocks
- Triggers the body’s natural healing abilities
- Improves and strengthens one’s immune system
- Reduces symptoms of illness
- Reduces pain (sports, arthritic, chronic)
- Relieves Chronic fatigue
- Relieves menopausal symptoms
- Speeds up recovery time from injury or surgery
Helps One Overcome:
How it works:
Reiki involves three things, universal energy, the channel - in this case the Reiki Practitioner, and the person or animal receiving the treatment.
It is simply the laying of hands; the practitioner channels or calls forth the reiki energy allowing it to flow through them. Placing their hands over different areas of the recipients body allows the reiki energy to flow into the person/animal receiving the treatment. Once the energy is received by the recipient, the energy will move around to different areas of the body where it is needed most.